Monday, January 17, 2011

One word: My word

Every time I think of "one word for the year" the same word comes to me amidst other possible contenders. I look back at last year, and my hopes for this year, and one word seems to be the way to go. It's the word "Commit". Last year I resolved to decide the fate of my marriage and I truly believed the fate was for us to be apart. It was commitment within my heart that brings me to where I am today and that is just the beginning. I must commit to myself; to believe that I can achieve my goals. I sometimes lose confidence in myself because I've been known not to stick with things. I just don't like to waste my time, so when something doesn't "work" for me, I stop working on "it". I have come upon the conclusion that it's ok to be true to myself, however, maturity and progression of my life have showed me I must not be afraid to commit to finishing what I start. Last year showed me that when I commit to something, unexpected things happen. I don't have all the answers to life, but I will commit to trusting that God does and seek His guidance always.

So, that's my word: COMMIT:
"to bind or obligate, as by pledge or assurance; pledge: to commit oneself to a promise; to be committed to a course of action."

"to entrust, esp. for safekeeping; commend: to commit one's soul to god."

"to pledge or engage oneself: an athlete who commits to the highest standards."

3 comments:

  1. I love your word and what it means to you! Keep up following it all year. I am also working with my word for 2011. Lets see if we can commit to this way of living:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a challenging word. i bet it's playing out in your life in amazing ways...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!